Perhaps one of the least known of the Marian Apparitions started in Paisley on 16th July 1980 – 1985, restarting and continuing in 1998 and 2019, to a (then) 13 year old boy called Peter. Just to make a few comments about it:
The first Apparition happened outside one of the main doors of Paisley Abbey, in farmland in Lochwinnoch known as “The Crooks” by three large rocks which sit in a field around 100 metres behind a council housing estate.
The highlights of these apparitions seemed to be:
- About the usage of the Rosary.
- Liturgy of the Hours in particular the Little Office of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, which was taught to Peter by the Apparition, he subsequently wrote it down and has copied it.
- A Devotion to The Immaculate Heart of Mary, Our Lady of Mount Carmel and Our Lady of Paisley.
- A series of alarms or urges which Peter had, when he knew he had to write, or to go to a certain place to meet with the Apparition.
- A theme of usage of the Scottish Gaelic Language in religious texts.
- A general understanding of Spirituality and peace and Love for all people regardless of labels and religious denomination.
The weird thing about this is that the Apparitions started behind Paisley´s Presbyterian Abbey (which once was a Catholic place).
Peter asked this question, “why here?” and was given the answer that “I do not see things or places as you see them, I see Love, not division”